If you are a new member, you need to first enter your details on the PCC Paddlers’ Zone (1-4 below).
You will then receive an email giving you a password to log in and apply for membership. Then simply continue to follow the instructions below, from 6 onwards.
If your name does not appear on the Pending Members webpage, your membership application has not been completed and you need to follow all these instructions.
Please consult the Fees menu option above to assist you with the Membership and Fees choices and the prices.
If you are an existing member and have been a member of the club at any time since 2013, your details will be on the PCC Paddlers’ Zone. Follow the instructions below from step 6.
If you have forgotten your PCC Paddlers’ Zone login code, first try your ID number. If that does not work, then you need to email Siv at email@example.com. He will change it to your ID number and send you an e-mail confirmation.
- All membership matters are arranged online through a website called the Paddlers’ Zone: http://www.peninsula-canoe.org.za/Pzone/ .
- When you go to this site, the Login page will display.
- Click on the word “here” in the line “Are you not registered yet? Click here.”
- Enter ALL the relevant details in the form displayed and click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. Make sure your email address is correct!
- Your PCC Paddlers’ Zone temporary log-in password will then be e-mailed to you.
- Go back to the Paddlers’ Zone login page and log into the PCC Paddlers’ Zone by entering your log-in password into the Login box and clicking “Login”.
- You should now see the Home page of the PCC Paddlers’ Zone with the phrase “<your first name>, welcome to the PCC Paddlers’ Zone” displayed.
- Click on the yellow “Membership and Merchandise” tab (your cursor will only go live when it is directly over the words “Membership” or “Merchandise”);
- Then click on the grey “Full Registration” tab;
- Read the Terms & Conditions;
- Click on the grey “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” tab;
- Then click on the “Proceed with Registration” tab below that;
- Choose how you may help the club then click “Next”;
- This is where you can change your password to your choice in the very top line. Check your details then click “Next”;
- If you are new, pick “New Member” for your membership option;
- Disregard the section on joining WCCU as this is no longer done through Clubs, then click “Next”;
- Select your membership type in the Fees section;
- Select the number of back racks you would like to rent, then click “Next”;
- Check the summary of the options you have chosen, the related costs and the grand total at the bottom, then click “Submit”
You will then receive an email confirming your intentions to register as a member with the club and your options chosen. While the PCC’s Registration officer is waiting for your payment confirmation your club registration status will read: “Registration Received – Not Processed”.
You can confirm the progress of your membership application on the Pending Members webpage.
Please deposit your complete payment into the PCC bank account, using your name or CSA Boat number as reference, and send your payment confirmation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCC Account details are as follows:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Name: Peninsula Canoe Club
Account No: 070491615
The system will then allocate you a rack randomly from the free ones available.
Once you have paid your club fees in full, you will receive a confirmation e-mail and your name will appear on the Registered Members web page
If you want to then change the rack to any other available, you can also do that on the Paddlers’ Zone site:
- Click on the yellow “Membership and Merchandise” tab;
- Then click on the grey “Racks and Tags” tab;
- Then click on the grey “Move existing rack” tab;
- Then make your choice and click the grey “Move” tab.
If you delay with your payment, the Registration officer may send you an e-mail confirming that PCC is still waiting for your payment. Your club registration status will then read: “Waiting for Proof of Payment”.
How to open the gates at the Club:
First of all, your membership needs to be activated then the Clubhouse Manageress will load your cell number onto the access control system.
Then go onto the Google Play Store and download and install an app called G-REMOTE on to your phone. When your number is in the system, “Zandvlei Sports Club” will show up in the device list.
When you tap on this one, an “Entry” and “Exit” button will show on the screen.
Tapping on a button sends a signal to open the gate. Sometimes it doesn’t work first time because the system is updating but after a few more attempts the signal usually goes through.
It is also a good idea to save the number 063 942 6126 on your phone. If the app is not working at all, you can phone this number, and when you are connected dial either 1 for entry or 2 for exit.
Important info regarding CSA and WCCU registration: This is no longer processed through Canoe Clubs and can only be done on the Canoeing SA Dot Cloud website, so please ignore any reference to WCCU registration on the Paddlers’ Zone website.