- The Club rents out boats and paddles to members only. These are the rates:
|Item||Cost per quarter||plus refundable deposit of:|
- The rental period is for three months only, the first rental period ending on the last day of the month three months after rental starts
- After that, consecutive rental periods run for three complete calendar months at a time, always ending on the last day of the month.
- Boat rental includes an allocated rack space to store the boat safely, and the boat must be stored in this space and locked in place with chain/cable and lock provided by the person renting it.
- The boat is provided in good working condition and the person renting it is responsible for maintaining it in the same condition and is fully liable for the cost of any repairs or maintenance which become necessary whilst in their care.
- The boat is to be used at the Club only but, with prior approval, may be allowed to be used at certain flat-water events away from the Club.
- The deposit will be returned in full if no repairs or maintenance are required when the boat is returned at the end of the rental period.
- It is the responsibility of the person renting it to remove their chain/cable at the end of the rental period and to arrange for the Committee Member responsible for boat hire to check that no maintenance is required so that the deposit can be returned.
- PCC reserves the right to cut the chain/cable off if the person renting has not done so at the end of the rental period; should this be necessary, the person renting will then have no recourse for compensation.
- To enquire if a suitable boat is available, please contact Estelle at email@example.com .
- To arrange payment, please deposit your complete payment into the PCC account, using your name and Boat Rental or Paddle Rental as reference and send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bank details are:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Name: Peninsula Canoe Club
Branch: 025109 (Claremont)
Account Number: 070491615