General terms of membership and basis of the agreement between PCC and UCT
- UCT Canoe Club retains full autonomy with regard to CSA and WCCU and administers its own registration with these bodies.
- To enable access into and use of the secure parking area and club facilities of the Zandvlei Sports Club premises where PCC is based, UCT Canoe Club members become “UCT Members” of PCC.
- Access to PCC/ZSC premises is controlled by via cell phone as described at How do I open the gates?
3. PCC reserves the right to revoke this agreement and suspend or terminate access, either to individuals or to the entirety of UCT if it transpires that UCT Members are providing access to PCC for people not registered with PCC.
4. Exceptions will only be made for official UCT functions which have received prior approval from the Peninsula Canoe Club Executive Committee.
Annual Membership Subscriptions
- All UCT students requiring access to PCC must fit the governing PCC constitutional criteria for Student Membership (i.e. be a bona fide full-time student up to the age of 24 (twenty-four) and register as UCT Members of PCC.
- They are subject to the same rules applying to access and boat racks as applied to all PCC Members and have the same rights and privileges except they are not entitled to use PCC boats and equipment.
- In 2013 PCC offered to waive the PCC portion of Student subscriptions for UCT and it is currently only the ZSC portion that is payable.
- The ZSC subscriptions cover the costs of gas, electricity, and the other day-to-day running expenses of the ZSC facilities.
- Any UCT Member whose subscription is not paid by the end of February each year shall thereafter cease to be a Member of the Club, so the full annual payment from UCT should be received by this date.
- Boats occupying unpaid UCT racks after this date may be impounded and would then be subject to a release fee at the going rate or, if unclaimed after 30 days, sold at auction with all proceeds accruing to the Club as per the full Terms and Conditions of Boat Rack Rental.
Entrance Registration Fees
- Zandvlei Sports Club is the umbrella organization under which PCC falls.
- It is a ZSC requirement that every new member pays an Entrance Registration fee (R250 from August 2015, R300 from 2021 ).
- This has been applied on a transferable basis to UCT so that when new UCT Members join it is not necessary to pay a new Entrance Registration Fee for them if they are replacing a Member who has left i.e. if the number of UCT Members does not exceed the total number of Transferable Entrance Registrations held by UCT. (we understand that most students are only around for few years and then move on).
- Because of this flux, the Transferable Entrance Registration fee does not apply to an individual named Member, but to a set number of paddlers.
- As and when ZSC registration fees increase, UCT would be liable for a balancing payment of the same percentage increase, applied to the sum of the total Transferable Entrance Registration fees held. i.e. if the Entrance Registration fee increases by R10 and UCT holds 37 registrations, a balancing payment of 37 x R10 = R370 would be due.
- This balance would only be due at the beginning of the following year when annual subscriptions are paid.
- Should balancing payments not be made for all Transferable Entrance Registrations held by UCT, those not “topped up” will be scrapped and later replacements will be paid for at the full rate of standard ZSC Entrance Registration fee.
- The number of Transferable Entrance Registrations must equal the number of UCT Members, so whenever UCT membership grows beyond the total number of Transferable Entrance Registrations held by UCT, new ones will need to be paid for so these numbers tally.
- Each year every new Member and every existing Member needs to register/renew their membership for the new season on the Paddlers’ Zone , acknowledging that they agree to the Terms and Conditions of membership and Code of Conduct. Each Member issolely liable for any actions arising from his/her failure to do so.
- The Terms and Conditions of the Club must be adhered to or disciplinary action will be taken.
- When a Member’s membership online registration is finalised on the Paddlers’ Zone, the Club Manager will add their cell phone number to the security database.
- To gain access to the Club premises follow the procedure as described at How do I open the gates?
- When membership is paid up and all individuals have renewed their annual membership registration on the Paddlers’ Zone, any Access related problems are to be addressed to the ZSC manager.
- The phone number for the ZSC Manager at the Clubhouse is 021 788 4813 and the ZSC Manager’s email address is email@example.com .
Boat Rack Rental
- Boat rack rental is available to Members only.
- These are available for an annual rental fee.
- All UCT Members must read and comply with the Terms and Conditions of Boat Rack Rental section of Terms and Conditions of the Club
- UCT as an institution rents a block section of racks from PCC.
- If this is for more than 20 racks, the fee per rack is discounted by 50% of the going rate, up to a maximum number of racks equivalent to the total number of UCT Members registered at PCC.
- Individual UCT Members can also rent additional racks at the normal rate directly from PCC by following the procedure on the Paddlers’ Zone.
- The Peninsula Canoe Club Committee is made up of unpaid volunteers who generously donate their time to run the administrative affairs of the club.
- We all have limited time available and are therefore unable to chase up after members who are lax with their personal administration.
- The onus is on the individual members to ensure that the correct procedures are followed for registration on the Paddlers’ Zone.
- Should our Registration Officer receive incomplete annual online membership renewals these are not processed until complete.
- Cell phone access is only issued/reactivated for Members who have completed the online renewal/registration process on the Paddlers’ Zone as UCT Members.
- At the beginning of each year, when an invoice is needed for the UCT bursar’s office, UCT is to advise PCC of the required:
- Number of new Transferable Entrance Registrations (only if extra ones [beyond the 37 already paid for] are required)
- Number of UCT Student rate annual subscriptions
- Number of Boat Rack rentals
- Here is an example of the table to be completed showing 2021 rates, with the question marks below to be replaced with the appropriate numbers:
|37 x Balancing payments on existing Transferable Entrance Registrations @ R50 =||R1,850|
|? x New Transferable Entrance Registrations @ R300 =||R?|
|? x UCT Student rate annual subscriptions @ R750 =||R?|
|? x Rear Boat Rack Rentals @R275||R?|
- Every existing Member needs to renew their membership each year for the new season on the Paddlers’ Zone.
- Anyone not a paid-up member on PCC’s current year’s membership list (which is accessible on the Paddlers’ Zone after clicking on the yellow “Membership” tab) on 1 April ceases to be a Member and has their cell phone number removed from the security database.
- Each new Member must complete an online membership application on the Paddlers’ Zone .
- It is important that each and every Member has read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions of the Club .
- UCT is to provide a complete list of members’ names, email addresses, cell phone numbers and date of birth in this format:
|Name||Surname||Cell number||Date of Birth yyyymmdd|
- Later in the year, more members may wish to join, taking out half-year membership for the K2 season. For an invoice, UCT must advise PCC of the required:
- Number of new Transferable Entrance Registrations (only if extra ones are required)
- Number of UCT Student rate half-year rate subscriptions
- Number of Boat Rack rentals