If you are a new member, you need to first enter your details on the PCC Paddlers’ Zone (1-4 below).
You will then receive an email giving you a password to log in and apply for membership.
Then simply continue to follow all the instructions below, from 6 through to 19.
Please consult the Fees page for Membership types and Fees.
If you are an existing member and have been a member of the club at any time since 2013, your details will be on the PCC Paddlers’ Zone. Follow the instructions below from step 6.
If you have forgotten your PCC Paddlers’ Zone password to login, first try your ID number. If that does not work, then you need to email Siv at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will send you an e-mail with your password.
For renewing members: We will be emailing you registration reminders throughout the season prompting you to Quick Register through a link in the email. If you don’t wish to Quick Register, you can still choose the Customize Register as normal through the PCC Paddlers’ Zone.
Once again the Earlybird registration incentive is available. If you register before 31st Jan, you will pay a significantly reduced membership fee!
By joining the Club you agree to abide by the following:
Click Here to go to the Paddler’s Zone
- All membership matters are arranged online through a website called the Paddlers’ Zone: http://pzone.peninsula-canoe.org.za/ .
- When you go to this site, the Login page will display.
- If it is your first time using the Paddlers’ Zone, we need to capture some details, so to get started please click here.
- Enter ALL the relevant details in the form displayed and click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. Make sure your email address is correct!
- Your PCC Paddlers’ Zone temporary log-in password will then show up on the screen/be e-mailed to you.
- Go back to the Paddlers’ Zone login page and log into the PCC Paddlers’ Zone by entering your log-in password into the Login box and clicking “Login”.
- You should now see the Home page of the PCC Paddlers’ Zone with the phrase “<your first name>, welcome to the PCC Paddlers’ Zone” displayed.
- Click on the yellow “Membership and Merchandise” tab (your cursor will only go live when it is directly over the words “Membership” or “Merchandise”);
- Then click on the yellow “Full Registration” tab;
- Read the Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct;
- Click on the yellow “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” tab;
- Then click on the “Proceed with Registration” tab below that;
- Choose how you may help the club then click “Next”;
- The “Your Personal Details” page is where you can change your password to your choice in the very top line. Check your details then click “Next”;
- If you wish to take out annual or half-year Membership and have never done so before, pick “New Member” for your membership option then click “Next”; if you are a beginner wishing to have an introductory three months’ trial period, pick “Beginner 3 Month Introduction” for your membership option then click “Next”; if you are a surfski paddler who is not going to use the Club’s facilities and only wish to affiliate with the Club for CSA registration, pick “Surfski Affiliate” for your membership option then click “Next”;
- Select your membership fee type in the Fees section;
- Select the number of standard or wide racks you would like to rent, then click “Next”;
- Check the summary of the options you have chosen, the related costs and the grand total at the bottom, then click “Submit”
- Deposit your complete payment into the PCC bank account, using YOUR NAME as reference, and send your payment confirmation by email to email@example.com.
Important for Family Membership: Each and every family Member does also need to be registered separately following the steps 1-18 above. At number 15, please select the Current Member option, and at number 16 select Additional Family Member.
Please remember that each year every existing Member (including Additional Family Members) needs to renew their membership for the new season on the Paddlers’ Zone.
You will then receive an email with the subject “Membership pending: Waiting for Proof of Payment” confirming your options chosen, the total due and providing the bank details for your payment.
PCC Account details:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Name: Peninsula Canoe Club
Account No: 070491615
The system will then allocate you a rack randomly from the free ones available.
If you delay with your payment, the Registration officer may send you an e-mail confirming that PCC is still waiting for your payment. Your club registration status will then read: “Waiting for Proof of Payment”.
Once you have paid your club fees in full, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
If you want to then change the rack to any other available, you can also do that on the Paddlers’ Zone site:
- Click on the yellow “Membership and Merchandise” tab;
- Then click on the yellow “Racks and Tags” tab;
- Then click on the yellow “Move existing rack” tab;
- Then make your choice and click the yellow “Move” tab.
How to open the gates at the Club:
First of all, your membership needs to be activated then the Clubhouse Manageress will load your cell number onto the access control system.
To gain access to the Club premises, download the G-REMOTE mobile app from Google Play or the Apple App Store onto your phone. When your number is in the system, “Zandvlei Sports Club” will show up in the device list.
When you tap on this, an “Entry” and “Exit” button will show on the screen.
Tapping on a button sends a signal to open the gate. Sometimes it doesn’t work first time because the system is updating but after a few more attempts the signal usually goes through.
We can also use a Bluetooth system to open the gates:
Download the app Bluelock Web either from the App Store https://apps.apple.com/za/app/bluelock-web/id1483787262 or Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=za.co.grab.bluelockgo
Ensure Bluetooth on your smartphone is turned on.
Karen, the Club Manageress will send your phone two messages with token codes, one for the entry gate and one for the exit gate. Enter these codes into the app, and a tab will appear on the app for each gate. Then anytime you need to open a gate, open the Bluelock Web app and touch the tab for the gate you wish to open when you are within 25m it.
These token codes are specific for each member’s phone number and for each gate.
You must allow the gate to close normally behind the car entering or exiting ahead of you (no tailgating).
Should you tailgate and crash into the closing gate, you will be fully liable for all damages.
Important info regarding CSA license renewal: This is no longer processed through Canoe Clubs and can only be done on the Canoeing South Africa website.
Please visit the websites below for more information about our spot: