If you are a new member, please follow all the steps 1 to 20 below.
Please consult the Fees page for Membership types and Fees.
If you are an existing member and have been a member of the club at any time since 2013, your details will be on the PCC Paddlers’ Zone. Follow the instructions below from step 6.
If you were a member before 2016 and have forgotten your PCC Paddlers’ Zone password to login, first try your ID number. If that does not work or you first joined the club after 2016, then you need to email Siv at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will send you an e-mail with your password.
For renewing members: We will email you renewal reminders at the beginning of the year prompting you to “Quick Register me now!” through a link in the email. The “Quick Register me now!” links are only active until 31 January. If you don’t wish to Quick Register, you can still choose the Customize Register as normal through the PCC Paddlers’ Zone.
Once again the Earlybird registration incentive is available. If you register before 31st Jan, you will pay a significantly reduced membership fee!
By joining the Club you agree to abide by the following:
Please remember that each year every existing Member (including Additional Family Members) needs to renew their membership for the new season on the Paddlers’ Zone.
Important for Family Membership: Each and every family Member does also need to be registered separately following the steps here: How to add Additional Family Members
Click Here to go to the Paddler’s Zone
- All membership matters are arranged online through a website called the Paddlers’ Zone: http://pzone.peninsula-canoe.org.za/ .
- When you go to this site, the Login page will display.
- If you have never used the Paddlers’ Zone and don’t already have a password to log in, you will need to enter your details into the Paddlers’ Zone database to get your own Zone Login ID. This is the password to be used when applying for/renewing membership. To get started please click here.
- Enter ALL the relevant details in the form displayed and click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. Make sure your email address is correct!
- Your PCC Paddlers’ Zone log-in password (Zone Login ID) will then show up on the screen as with the message “We have processed your information and your Zone Login ID is XXXXXXX” . Highlight the password (Zone Login ID) and copy it. (It will also be e-mailed to you, your password will be shown in brackets in the subject line after the word “zoneid”. It is also shown after the words “Zone ID” in the body of the email, under the details you entered. It will look something like this: Zone ID: fFJPEEmc .) (if these don’t happen, please email Siv at email@example.com)
- You can then either click on the yellow “Membership” tab shown on this screen, or go back to the Paddlers’ Zone login page, then log into the PCC Paddlers’ Zone by pasting your log-in password into the Login box and clicking “Login”.
- You should now see the Home page of the PCC Paddlers’ Zone with the phrase “<your first name>, welcome to the PCC Paddlers’ Zone” displayed.
- Click on the yellow “Membership” tab (your cursor will only go live when it is directly over the words “Membership”);
- Then click on the yellow “Full Registration” tab;
- Read the Terms & Conditions and Code of Conduct;
- Click on the yellow “I agree to the Terms & Conditions” tab;
- Then click on the “Proceed with Registration” tab below that;
- Choose how you may help the club then click “Next”;
- The “Your Personal Details” page is where you can change your password to your choice in the very top line. Check your details then click “Next”;
- If you wish to take out annual or half-year Membership and have never done so before, pick “New Member” for your membership option then click “Next”; if you are a beginner wishing to have an introductory three months’ trial period, pick “Beginner 3 Month Introduction” for your membership option then click “Next”; if you are a surfski paddler who is not going to use the Club’s facilities and only wish to affiliate with the Club for CSA registration, pick “Surfski Affiliate” for your membership option then click “Next”;
- Click on the words ” – Please choose from the drop-down menu” to activate the drop-down menu and then select which membership type you want in the Registration (Fees) section;
- Immediately below that, where you read “Extra Standard Boat Racks @ RXXX each”, select the number of standard or wide racks you would like to rent then click “Next”;
- Check the summary of the options you have chosen, the related costs and the grand total at the bottom, then click “Submit”.
- Deposit your complete payment into the PCC bank account, using YOUR NAME as reference, and
- Send your proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will then receive an email with the subject “Membership pending: Waiting for Proof of Payment” confirming your options chosen, the total due and providing the bank details for your payment.
PCC Account details:
Bank: Standard Bank
Account Name: Peninsula Canoe Club
Account No: 070491615
The system will then allocate you a rack randomly from the free ones available.
If you delay with your payment, the Registration officer may send you an e-mail confirming that PCC is still waiting for your payment. Your club registration status will then read: “Waiting for Proof of Payment”.
Once you have paid your club fees in full, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
If you want to then change the rack to any other available, you do that on the Paddlers’ Zone site:
- Log in to the Paddlers’ Zone by entering your log-in password in the Login box and clicking “Login”;
- Click on the yellow “Membership” tab;
- Then click on the yellow “Racks” tab;
- Then click on the yellow “Move existing rack” tab;
- On the top line of the blue table select which of your existing racks you wish to move from the drop-down menu,;
- From the second line of the blue table select an available rack from the from the drop-down menu;
- Then click on the yellow “Move” tab immediately below that.
How to open the gates at the Club:
Access Control is administered by the Clubhouse Manageress, Karen Dauelsberg, who is based part-time at the Club and can be reached by phoning 021 788 4813 or 082 564 6840, or by email at email@example.com
When you are fully paid up and have received an email advising that you are successfully registered for the current year, if you have any problems with access to the Club, please contact Karen.
First of all, your membership needs to be activated. When this is done you receive an email advising that you are successfully registered. Only then can the Clubhouse Manageress load your cell number onto the access control system when she is next on site. (She is only there part-time.)
Go onto the Google Play Store and download and install an app called G-REMOTE on to your phone.
When your number has been entered on the system, “Zandvlei Sports Club” will show up in the device list.
When you tap on this one, an “Entry” and “Exit” button will show on the screen.
Tapping on a button sends a signal to open the gate. Sometimes it doesn’t work first time because the system is updating but after a few more attempts the signal usually goes through.
G-REMOTE works erratically when there is load- shedding, and also the cellphone signals are not recognised if the cell-phone network is overloaded. So we also use a Bluetooth system which is more predictably reliable to open the gates:
Download the app Bluelock Web either from the App Store https://apps.apple.com/za/app/bluelock-web/id1483787262 or Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=za.co.grab.bluelockgo
Ensure Bluetooth on your smartphone is turned on.
Contact Karen, the Club Manageress, (by phoning 021 788 4813 or 082 564 6840, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org ) and she will then send your phone two messages with token codes, one for the entry gate and one for the exit gate. Enter these codes into the app, and a tab will appear on the app for each gate. Then anytime you need to open a gate, open the Bluelock Web app and touch the tab for the gate you wish to open when you are within 25m it.
These token codes are specific for each member’s phone number and for each gate.
You must allow the gate to close normally behind the car entering or exiting ahead of you (no tailgating).
Should you tailgate and crash into the closing gate, you will be fully liable for all damages.
Important info regarding CSA license renewal: This is no longer processed through Canoe Clubs and can only be done on the Canoeing South Africa website.
Please visit the websites below for more information about our sport: