Safeguarding in Sport
Safeguarding is a term used to denote measures taken to protect the health, well-being and human rights of individuals, which allow people, especially children and vulnerable adults, to live free from harassment, abuse and exploitation.
Canoeing South Africa are committed to following a world wide trend to protect the interests of athletes and vulnerable persons within the sports environment. CSA and Peninsula Canoe Club have teamed up with The Guardian to achieve
- Protecting the Integrity of Sport
- Safeguarding all Athletes in Sport
- Safeguarding the Mental Health of Athletes
- Ensuring all Athletes, Coaches and Management have a voice.
All our coaches and administrators have been screened and cleared against
- The sexual offenders register
- The child protection register
- Cleared of a criminal record
For more information please visit https://www.theguardian.co.za/sport/